Get Paid to Shop Local !

Click image to find out how.




Watch Virtual Graduations in Amador County







Late Night House Fire In Ione


Late Night House Fire In Ione

The City of Ione fire department was dispatched to a chimney fire on the 800 block of West Marlette just before mid-night last night.  According to fire Chief Ken Mackey, while en route, it was upgraded to a residential structure fire.  Upon arrival of the first units, the fire was located in the walls and attic area around the chimney.  Crews made a quick knockdown of the fire and held it from extending to the rest of the home.  While displaced at least for the night, Mackey said the occupants were able to stay with local relatives.  Cause of the fire was the flu pipe and there were no injuries.  Damage was estimated at $5,000 damage.  A total of 12 units and 29 fire personnel responded from City of Ione Fire, Mule creek fire, Jackson valley fire, Buena Vista Fire Cal Fire, Ione Police and PG&E.                                                                                                            Written by KVGC Staff

Additional information